xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:02:01 GMT
Octav Chipara wrote:

> OK ... It is true that some of use want JDOM, but I would propose to try
> to built a new tree structure. IMHO, neither JDOM nor DOM would are the
> best possible solutions. I would like something that would have small
> footprint and that would be easily mapped on structures that could be
> defined in some programming language!
>
> What do you think?

I don't understand the second part of your last sentence, after "and".
But the DOM only defines interfaces. Nothing prevents anyone from
designing a minimal DOM implementation that has a small footprint. I'm
actually already experimenting with something like that. In the long run
I see us having several DOM implementations that fulfill different
requirements and live together. DOM being a standard API, one will be
able to choose the implementation that best fits his/her needs and be
able to change at any time if need be.