xml-general mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@acm.org>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:56:29 GMT
Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> I actually simply don't understand the requirement about JDOM. DOM is an
> API, we need to provide classes that implement the API. This is true for
> JDOM. It's not an API. It's a set of classes that include a builder that
> works on SAX. So as long as we support SAX, which definitely is a
> requirement, we're all set on that front. Let's leave the debate of
> whether JDOM is a good thing or not outside of this project.

I'd like to see Spinnaker/XRI/whatevercodename come equipped with a
powerful and pluggable architecture that allowed for better JDOM
implementations than what the simple SAXBuilder provides.  We have plans
for a deferred implementation (done using subclasses) but this requires
closer iteraction with the parser.  A new well-designed and
understandable parser sounds wonderful.

-jh-