xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: What name?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:13:53 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> on 7/11/00 4:01 PM, Andy Heninger at andyh@jtcsv.com wrote:
>
> > For a purely internal Sun project code name, this wouldn't matter.
> > But for a public Apache project, I think that conflicts are a
> > problem.
>
> This *wasn't* a Sun project code name. Quit keeping that perception alive.
> Sheesh.

[ James, please don't take this wrong, I'm not saying this in any
inflamatory way. ]

I'm afraid it's too late for that, the way this has already made its way
to the press is very much into that vein. The article from Edd Dumbill
on xmlhack starts with:

James Davidson of _Sun_ announced "Spinnaker", a project to create an
entirely new Apache XML parser, destined to ship inside _Sun's_ JDK.

> > Here's some hits from a quick web search on Spinnaker.
>
> Yep, point taken. Suggest a new name then.

Xerces-NG.