xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:20:18 GMT
Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> James Duncan Davidson wrote:
> >
> > on 7/10/00 6:41 PM, Arnaud Le Hors at lehors@us.ibm.com wrote:
> >
> > > Sounds great! The fact is that we're also interested in a new version of
> > > Xerces which is more modular. As a matter of fact, we've given it quite
> > > some thoughts already, and Andy has even written down a first draft of a
> > > design document on it that we'll be happy to send out as input.
> >
> > So why hasn't this been public?
>
> Simply because it hasn't really started yet. We've thought about it,
> discussed it internally, and stopped it to focus all our energy on
> implementing XML Schemas. This is a huge effort.

This is the problem: you guys work in the same building.

When Pier and I worked on JServ 1.0 we lived on the phone and the
community didn't know _why_ we were doing things. It made them feel very
bad and slowed down the community by order of magnitudes.

Here, you are doing the same mistake.

A single two line email like: hey, look a the new branch and comment our
ideas on a Xerces next generation.

That's it, simple enoung, everybody would be happy.

> > Why did I have to take a hammer to start a
> > discussion about next versions?
>
> What makes you think what you did was the only way to get it started?
> Would you have simply asked for it, it would have started. Mind you.

Misunderstanding and company-racism develops with lack of communication.

Damn, people, the Sun and IBM Cupertino buildings are just a couple of
blocks away and I have to tell you from the other side of the planet how
to communicate?

Ok, kids, this is enough.

Peace and let's start getting things done.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.