xml-general mailing list archives

From Rajiv Mordani <rajiv.mord...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:11:48 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:

> James Duncan Davidson wrote:
> > After quite a bit of discussion, the rest of the XML team at Sun,
> > the people who are responsible for the parser that will ship in
> > the core of future JDKs, agree as well.
>
> I would like to know who the "XML team at Sun" is. I've checked
> the previous commit messages and only saw the initial checkin
> of the Crimson DOM and some metric test files. Are the checkins
> from the xml-contrib module going to the CVS mailing list? I
> must be overlooking something. There doesn't seem to be any
> commits on the main branch of the source code, though.
>
> > So, in the best of Apache traditions, were gonna do something
> > about it. I'm creating a tree in the xml-contrib area in which
> > to do a lot of code work to explore how such a new parser could
> > come to be. It's called Spinnaker.
>
> Is it possible that, in the future, we hear about submissions
> to the tree *before* everyone goes home on Friday? I want us
> all to work together on the future of the Xerces parser instead
> of being surprised by a new source tree over a weekend.

1. It is NOT a submission to the "tree". It is in the xml-contrib area
and that doesn't mean anything. It isn't an official project. What will
happen of it, only time will tell.

2. I don't see the problem in doing it over the weekend?? On a prior
occasion I have been asked this question by Arnaud when I checked in the
whiteboard directory in xerces and when I asked people what was wrong in
checking things in on a weekend there was no answer from anyone on the
"xerces" team. Anyways I don't think there is anything wrong on doing it
over a weekend. Expecting people to work on this only Monday - Friday
9-5 or something of the sort isn't what this is meant to be. (Infact I
don't think that is the case these days even in MOST corporates for that
matter.).

- Rajiv