xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 07:22:28 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:
> After quite a bit of discussion, the rest of the XML team at Sun,
> the people who are responsible for the parser that will ship in
> the core of future JDKs, agree as well.

I would like to know who the "XML team at Sun" is. I've checked
the previous commit messages and only saw the initial checkin
of the Crimson DOM and some metric test files. Are the checkins
from the xml-contrib module going to the CVS mailing list? I
must be overlooking something. There doesn't seem to be any
commits on the main branch of the source code, though.

> So, in the best of Apache traditions, were gonna do something
> about it. I'm creating a tree in the xml-contrib area in which
> to do a lot of code work to explore how such a new parser could
> come to be. It's called Spinnaker.

Is it possible that, in the future, we hear about submissions
to the tree *before* everyone goes home on Friday? I want us
all to work together on the future of the Xerces parser instead
of being surprised by a new source tree over a weekend.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org