xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:03:03 GMT
At 06:25 PM 7/11/00 -0400, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

>> I am willing to trade off some performance for clearly written code.
>
>I don't think I am.  Performance is too damned important in the XML
>world...
>
>-scott

So let's get into the habit of producing some vestigial requirements docs
that describe some performance requirements.

I don't recall coming across very many OS projects that do this. But if you
tout performance as a req, then you have to quantify it.

We are deliberately not doing this (yet) with FOP. I expect to see that by
the fall quarter.

What's "performance"? Let's get some hard numbers down on paper.

Arved Sandstrom

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"