xml-general mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Rodriguez" <jeffreyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:52:30 GMT
Hi Jason, Hi Brett,

Yes, I think that we need a pluggable architecture that would allow:

- pluggable components ( validators, XPath APIs, DOM like api, mini parser
api.
- configurability, so we get the set of tools required for the
  job.

I think this requirement are already in the list ( let us check).

What are your toughts about an XPath implementation on JDOM. What
is the status of JDOM, last time I visit your site was just after
your presentation at the Mountain View Java user's group back in
April.

Thanks,
              Jeffrey Rodriguez
              IBM Silicon Valley

ps.
Brett, your book is great, it has some of the best up to date
coverage of the Xerces APIs, a must for our beginner users.