xml-general mailing list archives

From "Edwin Goei" <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 02:27:46 GMT
"Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com> writes:

> Wild-eyed suggestion: why not look into adopting James Clark's XT?  It's
> a pretty #!%@^#@ good parser IMHO.  Also it's from neither IBM or Sun :)

Yup, I think it's worth looking at the internals of XP also (you probably
meant XP), I just haven't done it yet.  Maybe other people who have can
comment.  It looks like an older parser which hasn't been updated.  There's
also the parser that you wrote, Lark, which you might want to comment on.

The other parser I have looked at is Aelfred2 which is a current SAX2 based
parser.  I think its easier to understand than the current Xerces code, but
it also does less.  But maybe we're still in the requirements stage right
now and these are more implementation details.

View raw message