xml-general mailing list archives

From "Edwin Goei" <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:42:51 GMT
> We are having the design discussion. I like design discussion and
> encourage other developer in our community besides, Sun employees and IBM
> employees to participate.

Yes, I am hoping that others will also participate.  I think the main goal
in the new design should be code that is easily understandable.  I am
willing to trade off some performance for clearly written code.  This should
encourage new developers to participate.

The situation right now is that I have looked at the current Xerces code and
compared it to two other parsers and would prefer to work on the other two
parsers over Xerces because of its complexity.  Even more, though, I would
prefer to work on a new parser so I would not have to go figure out the more
difficult parts of Xerces such as the core part of the scanning code (based
on the last time I looked at it).  I'm fine with copying parts of the
current Xerces that are easy to understand and make sense.

View raw message