xml-general mailing list archives

From "N. Sean Timm" <st...@mailgo.com>
Subject Re: [XRI] Xerces Refactoring Initiative
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:22:41 GMT
From: <rubys@us.ibm.com>
> 1) Where should the design discussion take place?
xerces-j-dev list.  Any particular subject may peak the interest of someone
who isn't involved with the proposal development to bring more ideas into
the picture and/or further collaboration efforts between Xerces and those
working on the proposed replacement.

> 2) Where should the design artifacts be placed?  When will they get there?
xml-xerces/java/proposals/[codename]/docs

> 3) Where should the code be developed?
xml-xerces/java/proposals/[codename]/src

If James is satisfied that the Xerces teams goals are aligned with what he
is trying to accomplish (or close, at least), then "spinnaker" is as good a
codename as any, but I definitely *don't* think it should be called Xerces2
or anything like that.  Let that be decided based on its merits.

Just my personal opinions, of course...

- Sean T.