xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:22:53 GMT
I don't buy that argument. I can think of a number of situations where we have
to take implementation into account at high-level design time; I don't think
this is one of them.

It would be a mistake to accord Java some paramount status here. Not everyone
(myself included) is enthralled with it. Let's push for high-level designs that
can accommodate any OO language; if the first implementation happens to be Java
so be it.

Arved Sandstrom

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Eric Hodges wrote:
> C++ and Java are fundamentally different languages.  Java uses some of C++'s
> syntax, but that's it.  I vote that a Java version be developed, and any >
good strategies that show up AND work well in C++ be appropriated when the >
C++ version is developed.  But trying to find one design that fits both >
languages well will produce one design that doesn't quite fit either > language.