xml-general mailing list archives

From Falko Braeutigam <fa...@softwarebuero.de>
Subject Re: XML Database
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:29:23 GMT
On Fri, 07 Jul 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

[snip]

> I have been talking to Falko of the Infozone-group
> (www.infozone-group.org) about joining efforts on this side. They have
> created a project called "Prowler" which is a content management system
> based on XML and on their OODBMS system called "Ozone".
>
> While they have a GPL-like license, they already agreed on changing this
> to the Apache license and move their community on this project. At this
> point, it's just a matter of deciding what to do.
>
> I want to be entirely honest with you as I was to the Infozone people: I
> don't picture prowler as the end, but as the beginning. A way to
> "catalize" a community around the problem of XML content management
> (with versioning, authorization workflow and all that).
I perfectly agree. Prowler is by no means an end. We started Infozone/Prowler
because we needed an open source CMS and related technologies. Now there is a
an (early) architecture and a (very early) codebase that all interested people
can discuss about - a starting point - "A way to "catalize" a community..."
Nothing is set in stone yet. The current architecture reflects our current needs
and requirements. Everybody is invited to join the discussion, sharing his/her
ideas about an open source CMS, and in general help us with the development.

Regarding the license of Infozone/Prowler: As Stefano already mentioned, we
have agreed to donate Prowler to Apache XML and thus changing our license, if
you are interested in such a project.

Falko
Falko Braeutigam                         mailto:falko@softwarebuero.de
SMB GmbH                                   http://www.softwarebuero.de