xml-general mailing list archives

From Octav Chipara <ochip...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: XML-HTML-XHTML-WML-VXML.........**ML
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:24:31 GMT

Hi Arnaud,

I do not want to play the devils advocate, but I have to remind you that
even though you can separate the data from the presentation level, HTML
was no designed to do this. HTML was designed to be a presentation
language. Even though you can make the same things as you are doing with
XML (you can play with the HTML DOM + Java Script + CSS), this does not
eleveiate many of the problems that you are faced with. However, even if I
disagree with you (in part) about HTML, I agree that to be able to fully
use the power of XML, we must agree upon a standard for metacontent. I
hope, that even without a standard, the idea for using XML as metacontent
is appealing to many of us.

Octav

e-mail:         ochipara@cse.unl.edu
phone:		(402)472-9492