xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject CVS experts: managing which dirs get checked out & etc.
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:07:24 GMT
Anyone have quickie pointers to how to setup CVS modules?  I know, I know,
I'll be re-reading my Per Cederqvist soon, but maybe I'll get lucky.  Ideas
for doing this on xml.apache.org or elsewhere appreciated.

- Are there easy ways to specify which directories or branches get
included/excluded by default when someone checks out a module from CVS?

- Also: is it easy to have directories re-mapped, i.e. have \project\foo in
the repository show up by default as \project\bar on the local disk?

- General tips on keeping a repository on an NT box and accessing it from
unix boxes?

Bonus question: does anyone else around here actually use the lock/watch
features of CVS regularly?

(I know, there are probably CVS lists out there, but I'm vainly trying to
*not* become the local CVS expert...)
- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan