xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject [ANN] Xalan-J 1.1.D01 Developer's Release posted to xml.apache.org
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:37:13 GMT
Xalan-J 1.1.D01 is a Developer's release on the way towards our upcoming
1.1 version: a complete reference implementation of the W3C XSLT and XPath
Recommendations.  We have a number of new minor features and several
bugfixes since our 1.0-level release.  As a Developer release, caveat
emptor: it seems to work, but we have not extensively tested it.

To download Xalan-J 1.1.D01, see (note the new path!):
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_1_1_D01.zip
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_1_1_D01.tar.gz

Xalan-J 1.1.D01 works with Xerces-J 1.1.1, and an appropriate xerces.jar is
included in the Xalan distro.  It probably does not work with earlier
Xerces builds; it seems to compile against more recent Xerces CVS but we
have not tested it there.

Build notes:

-- See README in the root. Also open README.html, which takes you to the
User's Guide in the docs directory and the Javadoc. in docs/apidocs.

-- See the "URI attributes in HTML output" section in the Release Notes for
a minor but important feature we've added that we'd like some feedback on.

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8.

-- The distribution files are built with zip and CYGWIN Tar utilities. All
builds are done with Makefile.

-- Ant fans take note: out build.xml should be updated, although we have
not tested the builds created that way.  We temporarily include versions of
ant.jar and jaxp.jar that will work with this build.xml.  Our next release
might even use Ant as the default build tool, and will get the parser from
the upcoming Xerces 1.1.2 (we hope).

-- The doc and Javadoc are built with Stylebook and the JDK 1.2.2 javac and
javadoc tools.

-- The Xalan distribution includes xerces.jar from Xerces-J 1.1.1 as a
convenience.

-- The sample applications are in xalansamples.jar. See docs/samples.html
for the details.

-- Sources are from the trunk and are tagged 'xalan_1_1_D01'.

- Shane        Automation, Test & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com  AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan