xml-general mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Jayme" <JCEdwa...@software.rockwell.com>
Subject Apology for the virus attachment earlier this week
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:48:26 GMT
Hello,

I just wanted to apologize to anyone who received a copy of the email from me with an attached
Microsoft outlook virus. I did not send this email intentionally, it was received via a corporate
email that infected several others here at Rockwell Software. This virus is known as the life_stages
worm, current antiviral software has been updated to include a check for this so please update
it if you have a copy (mcafee, norton AV, etc.). It renames regedit.exe to recycled.vxd and
adds itself to a registry key that causes it to start at each reboot. There is supposedly
an update to Microsoft Outlook available via Microsoft's website that can be used to restrict
access to your address book from script, amongst other things.

Apologies,

Jayme Edwards
Rockwell Software
JCEdwards@software.rockwell.com