xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance and thread safety in Xerces
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:41:30 GMT
Ed Staub wrote:
> "concatenate the children of the attribute node"?
> I must be missing something... under what conditions are there more than
> one?  And even if there are cases where there are more than one child, in
> the vast majority of cases, isn't there only one?

In reality, yes, there is usually only one text child node. However,
the DOM specification states that an attribute's value is made up
of text and entity reference children. Our implementation has to
handle that fact.

I just checked the code and the AttrImpl#getValue method (which is
also called by getNodeValue) *does* check to see if there is only
one child and returns its node value. So I guess I'm back to not
understanding where all of those objects are coming from.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org