xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Dierken <m...@DataChannel.com>
Subject RE: XML-WML
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:24:35 GMT
The hype is around two things:
 - it's new (the press loves new things)
 - it's hard (if you didn't dynamically generate your stuff to begin with)

Most places generate their HTML - but the code that does this isn't always
easy to change to a new format.

With XML & XSLT, things are easy & people can now work on the hard parts
separately - what 'should' the XML look like? What should a 'news article'
look like if I want to share it. If I can't display 4K worth of text on a
phone - how can I extract meaningful summaries & abstracts & stuff.

Mike