xml-general mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Rodriguez" <jeffreyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem in XMLSerializer (1.2.1)
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:44:19 GMT
I guess you meant 1.1.2 Xerces Java right? Since you don't
mention the product name.

I am not able to reproduce what you said.

What are the sequence of statements that you use?

The following is the one that I follow in my dom.DOMGenerate sample.

OutputFormat    format  = new OutputFormat( doc );   //Serialize DOM
StringWriter  stringOut = new StringWriter();     //Writer is a String
XMLSerializer    serial = new XMLSerializer( stringOut, format );
serial.asDOMSerializer();        // As a DOM Serializer

serial.serialize( doc.getDocumentElement() );

I run dom.DOMGenerate with Xerces 1.1.2 and I get what I expect:

STRXML = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

For future references when reporting a problem try to post
as much information as you can, such as version, product, and a
small test case that reproduces the problem.

Thanks,
             Jeffrey Rodriguez
             Xerces Java Development