xml-general mailing list archives

From p..@netnord.dk (Peter Guldbaek - Netnord A/S)
Subject Entities not supported in DTDs
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:00:00 GMT
Hi,

I seems to have problems using Xerces for Java to parse XML documents having
a DTD containing <!ENTITY> definitions like "<!ENTITY % ident "ident NMTOKEN
#REQUIRED">". The parser exits with
"java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException" when it parses through the DTD
specified in the XML document. The exception is no longer thrown if I remove
all definitions of parameter entities from the DTD.

The problems started when I changed to Xerces for Java version 1.1.2. I have
previously used version 1.0.3 (which did not have problems with entities).
Does anyone have a tip to get around this or is it a bug? Thanks in advance
:-)

- Peter K. Guldbaek