xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: DefaultApplyXSL problem
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 19:34:11 GMT

I think we found this a few weeks ago, and fixed it in the CVS.  Can you
try checking out a new copy of DefaultApplyXSL to see if it fixes the
problem?

-scott

                    Mark Norman

                    <mnorman@cup.        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    hp.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    Sent by:             Subject:     DefaultApplyXSL problem

                    mnorman@cup.h

                    p.com

                    05/12/2000

                    02:38 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

I am running the DefaultApplyXSL sample servlet using

an Apache web server and servletexec. I get an IllegalAccessError

on the OrderedProps class:

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it
from fulfilling the request.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class OrderedProps from
class DefaultApplyXSL
 at DefaultApplyXSL.setMediaProps(DefaultApplyXSL.java:364)
 at DefaultApplyXSL.init(DefaultApplyXSL.java:285)
 at
newatlanta.servletexec.HostServletContext.CreateServlet(HostServletContext.java)

 at
newatlanta.servletexec.HostServletContext.loadUnconfiguredServlet(HostServletContext.java)

 at
newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletRequest(ServletExec.java)

 at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)
 at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)
 at
newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java)

 at
newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java)
 at netscape.WAI.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java)

I can run other servlets successfully. I have installed
DefaultApplyXSL.class,
xalansamples.jar, xerces.jar and xalan.jar under my document tree
and included them in the system classpath. Here is my classpath setting:

CLASSPATH=${JL}/classes.zip:${JL}/rt.jar:${JRL}/rt.jar:
${NAROOT}/lib/ServletExecApa

che.jar:${NAROOT}/lib/servlet.jar:${NAROOT}/classes:
${JL}/tools.jar:/opt/servletexe

c/lib/classes111.zip:/http_docs/servlets/ldap/lib/ldapfilt.jar:/http_docs/servlets/

ldap/lib/ldapjdk.jar:/http_docs/servlets/lib/xalansamples.jar:/http_docs/servlets/l

ib/xalan.jar:/http_docs/servlets/lib/xerces.jar

I know that the classpath is being used by experimenting with it. The
xerces.jar and
xalan.jar files are being found and used. I confirmed this by remvoing
them, getting
class not found errors and them putting them back. The xalansamples.jar
contains
the OrderedProps class, but cannot be accessed.

My directory structure looks like this:

/http_docs/servlets/xml/DefaultApplyXSL.class
/http_docs/servlets/lib/xalan.jar
             "                       xerces.jar
              "                      xalansamples.jar

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?
I think it has something to do with the fact that the classes in
xalan.jar
and xerces.jar are public and the ones in xalansamples.jar have package
access. The sample programs do not declare a package, they just use the
default. Also,

Thank you,

Mark Norman