xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XMLSerializer performance
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 22:42:39 GMT

> I also read somewhere that Xalan serializer will be deprecated and
> replaced with org.xml.serializer package. Is it true?

Yes, this is true... I just deleted the Xalan serializers from the 1.1.x
codebase.  However, before this we finalize 1.1.x, we'll work on the
performance of the Xerces serializers to make them as fast or faster than
the current Xalan serializer (which is pretty optimized).  Note that, on
average, serialization time with the current Xalan serializers accounts for
about 30% of the time, so we clearly can't afford any loss of performance
from the serialization side of things.

The bottom line is we want one set of serializers for the apache xml
projects.

-scott

                    "Roytman,

                    Alex"                 To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    <roytmana@peac        cc:     "'xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org'" <xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org>,

                    etech.com>            (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                          Subject:     XMLSerializer performance

                    05/09/2000

                    04:37 PM

                    Please respond

                    to general

> Hello,
>
> What is the most efficient way (in terms of speed and memory) to
serialize
> SAX or DOM?
> I did some performance tests and was very surprised that the
XMLSerializer