xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XALAN & XERCES 1.0.4
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 20:10:24 GMT

Hi Arnaud.  I got most of it working, I think, but I'm getting one nasty
bug that I thought was going to be fixed.  It looks like you guys are, with
a document element of <foo xmlns="http://bogus" up="down"/>, trying to
resolve xmlns="http://bogus" to a schema.  I had this patched before in the
DTM code, by doing:

  protected org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.XSchemaValidator
getSchemaValidator()
  {
    if (fSchemaValidator == null)
      fSchemaValidator = new NullSchemaValidator(fStringPool,
fErrorReporter, fEntityHandler);
    return fSchemaValidator;
  }

...but getSchemaValidator no longer exists, and this is a pretty bad hack
anyway.  What's the best way to get around this problem?

Here's the stack dump:

java.net.UnknownHostException: bogus
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:577)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:546)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:455)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:54)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:320)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:431)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:260)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:270)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:282)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection
.java:372)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLCon
nection.java:457)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:818)
        at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultReaderFactory.createReader(DefaultRe
aderFactory.java:149)
        at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromDocume
nt(DefaultEntityHandler.java:490)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parseSomeSetup(XMLParser.java:2
88)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:801)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.SchemaImporter.loadSchema(SchemaI
mporter.java:233)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.scanAttValue(XMLVali
dator.java:888)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumen
tScanner.java:1820)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1012)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:402)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:802)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:228)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngin
eImpl.java:838)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:552)

        at MultiThreadRunner.run(TestXSLT4J.java:562)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

-scott

                    Arnaud Le

                    Hors                 To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    <lehors@us.ib        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    m.com>               Subject:     Re: XALAN & XERCES 1.0.4

                    05/10/2000

                    02:33 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

"HERRICK, CHUCK (SBCSI)" wrote:

> Since we already have versions 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and 1.0.4,
> either we need a 1.0.5 or we need a 1.0.4.2
>
> whatever, let us know.

No, you're talking about xerces, but it's xalan that needs to be fixed.
Xalan currently relies on xerces internals that happen to change from
time to time. That's the drawback of relying on internal.

Scott, we can probably help you recover from that though.