xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Disable Output Escaping?
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 17:37:35 GMT

If you're working in Cocoon, or with the Xerces serializers, or with DOM
ouput, I don't think disable-output-escaping will work.  This will be fixed
with Cocoon 2 and further integration with the Xerces serializers in Xalan
1.1.x.

-scott

                    Rob Wygand

                    <rob@wygand.com        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    >                      cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: Disable Output Escaping?

                    rob@minas-anor.

                    wygand.com

                    05/02/2000

                    01:07 PM

                    Please respond

                    to general

"Thomas B. Passin" wrote:

> First of all, the CDATA section in your example is not well-formed.  Of
> course, maybe your actual xml source is different.
>
> Your posting said:
> <Body>
>       <CDATA[[<b>123</b>]]>
> </Body>
>
> The correct syntax is
> <Body>
>       <![CDATA[<b>123</b>]]>
> </Body>

Yes, this was my typo (curse my metal body!).

My CDATA section is, in fact, well formed, but the <xsl:value-of
select="Body" disable-output-escaping="yes"/> still does not work.
Again, I've tried both CDATA children of body (which looks like
<![CDATA[<b>123</b>]]>) and text children (which look like
&lt;b&gt;123&lt;/b&gt;). Logicially, I'd expect the 1st case to output
'<', and according the the spec, the 2nd case should also generate '<'.

rjw