xml-general mailing list archives

From Balaji Ramnath <bala...@novistar.com>
Subject Security issues
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 00:21:07 GMT
We are laying  foundation for an  internet hub based on XML. Basically,
this will be an information exchange kind of a site that will rely on
XML technology to provide the data transport mechanism.  We are
concerned about the security issues surrounding this whole approach.
There should be a way to encrypt and decrypt  XML documents. Is there
any white paper or book which talks about the security issues involved
in transporting XML documents?  The fundamental characteristic of an XML
document, which  is well formed and readable document looks like a
double edged sword to us. I am looking for good solutions to overcome
the security issues associated with transporting XML documents.

I would appreciate any ideas or anything that will put us in the right

View raw message