xml-general mailing list archives

From David Megginson <da...@megginson.com>
Subject Re: Any plans to add XLink/RDF SAX2 support to Xerces?
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 19:33:09 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> the title says it all. In the Cocoon project, we are going to play
> around with XLink and RDF and I was wondering if the Xerces guys were
> planning to add support for them to the pool of SAX2 events.
>
> For more info about SAXFiltering and the like, please checkout David's
> very nice RDFFilter at http://megginson.com/software/

Thanks.  This still needs to be brought up to date with SAX2/final, and
there are a few obscure RDF bugs that need to be fixed.  I would be
thrilled if Apache wanted to take over maintenance of this module (hint,
hint).

> I think it would be awesome to add also XLink capabilities, even if,
> being xlink attribute-based, it could mean changing the SAX2 behavior
> when spitting SAX events on elements.... but SAX properties could
> control the behavior.
>
> David, do you have any XLinkFilter in your hat?

I've thought about it a few times, but I've never ended up writing one,
so the field's wide open.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/