xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Any plans to add XLink/RDF SAX2 support to Xerces?
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 14:31:10 GMT
Hi,

the title says it all. In the Cocoon project, we are going to play
around with XLink and RDF and I was wondering if the Xerces guys were
planning to add support for them to the pool of SAX2 events.

For more info about SAXFiltering and the like, please checkout David's
very nice RDFFilter at http://megginson.com/software/

I think it would be awesome to add also XLink capabilities, even if,
being xlink attribute-based, it could mean changing the SAX2 behavior
when spitting SAX events on elements.... but SAX properties could
control the behavior.

David, do you have any XLinkFilter in your hat?

Also (for Eve Maler), would the XLink community interested in helping
defining interfaces for that? Note, however, that Apache doesn't do
anything normative: we would add support since we need it, but
integrating this directly into SAX would make much more sense.

Anyway, I think the Xerces project and user base could provide lots of
interesting contributions on the usage of such special event throwers
before they get proposed for deeper standardization.

Comments?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.