xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DOM size
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 01:46:58 GMT
Hmmmmm.  If you add a whole bunch of nodes, and the size doesn't change, that means that
the DOM tree itself isn't the source of the memory usage (unless it's the
Document node, and I think that's unlikely).

Do you have a program like OptimizeIt, that tells you exactly what's allocated?
It would be interesting to know which objects are actually hanging around (is
there some reason why some objects weren't gc'ed?)

This reminds me of a similar problem being discussed right now -- a so-called
"memory leak".  We don't know the cause yet, but your help would be appreciated
in tracking this down!

Mike