xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XALAN & XERCES 1.0.4
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 23:11:46 GMT
Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> Well, I got around to looking at this today.  Overriding scanAttValue() and
> duplicating most of that method code looks to be impossible because of all
> the private variables.

Bummer. I don't want to start a flame war but this to me is one more
example showing that private must be avoided.

> If only there were a way to set fCheckedForSchema!
> So, I think I'm going to leave this as an open problem, and hope that most
> people don't get caught by it.  Any idea on a timetable for Xerces 1.0.5?

The schema work that has taken place on a branch was just merged back to
the main branch and the bug no longer exists there. We're planning on
releasing a new version (probably 1.1) by the end of this week. So at
this point it's surely better for you to just wait for that one and skip
1.0.4. Again, sorry for the trouble.