xml-general mailing list archives

From Michal Mosiewicz <m...@interdata.com.pl>
Subject Re: SAX
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 22:57:21 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> [...]
> Also, note, implementing this on XSP wouldn't require any change in the
> SAX API, for what I see it.

Well, maybe I've presented it in a wrong way. I mean - it would take
some changes in the SAX, so the consumers would return information about
if data consumption really takes place.

But the point is, that those return values would be used more like
hints, than a rule to follow, so the producer that is not aware of them
may simply ignore it. In such case, those optimisations won't take
place.

Anyhow, I'll try to reformulate my ideas and redirect it to
xml-dev@xml.org.

BTW. I appreciate your neutral position.

-- Mike