xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SAX
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 13:00:49 GMT
mimo@interdata.com.pl wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > [...]
> > I haven't changed my mind, this would add implementation complexity of
> > both producers and consumers without adding significant functionality.
>
> No - the idea is that there is no added complexity required. Basically
> it's not a big deal to return a value for the event consumer if the
> event was consumed or not. It's also not a big deal for document
> producer to use this value. It's also not a big deal to create the API
> so not a single line has to be changed in current code.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. I was afraid of the extended complexity
but you nicely show this is not the case and this is a good thing for
me.

Anyway, since I don't see any good on this, but I don't see any harm
either, I'd change my position to a neutral one.

Anyway, Mike, the <xcache:> taglib idea is a great one and I would
welcome you to propose such addiction to the Cocoon-dev mail list for
XSP since I'm sure people would love this functionality.

Also, note, implementing this on XSP wouldn't require any change in the
SAX API, for what I see it.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.