xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XALAN & XERCES 1.0.4
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 22:20:42 GMT
Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> It looks like you guys are, with
> a document element of <foo xmlns="http://bogus" up="down"/>, trying to
> resolve xmlns="http://bogus" to a schema.

That's correct and we now consider this to be a bug. It was put in as
part of some experimental schema support based on some early draft and
never turned off... Sorry about that.

> I had this patched before in the
> DTM code, by doing:
>
>   protected org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.XSchemaValidator
> getSchemaValidator()
>   {
>     if (fSchemaValidator == null)
>       fSchemaValidator = new NullSchemaValidator(fStringPool,
> fErrorReporter, fEntityHandler);
>     return fSchemaValidator;
>   }
>
> ...but getSchemaValidator no longer exists, and this is a pretty bad hack
> anyway.  What's the best way to get around this problem?

XSchemaValidator was suppressed as part of our consolidation plans
towards full schema support.
You should be able to get the same result by inheriting from
XMLValidator and overriding scanAttValue(). You'll have to pretty much
duplicate most of that method code though.
Be assured that this will be fixed (removed) for the next release.