xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DOM size
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 20:27:03 GMT
So, does this figure include code + data tables, including lazily evaluated
data?  (It sounds like you're looking at the memory taken by the whole JVM?)

One way to check this would be to do 600 documents, and see how the numbers compare.
Also, try doubling the size of each individual document, and see what happens.

Either way, the answers will tell us where we should look...

Mike

P.S.  Which DOM did you use for the test?  Did you traverse the resulting DOM?

Joseph Shraibman wrote:

> Mike Pogue wrote:
>
> > How did you measure the memory consumption?  Did you also account for
> > gc?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> I viewed the size in kpm. And I explicitly did System.gc(); System.runFinalization();
> System.gc();
>

> > Joseph Shraibman wrote:
> > >
> > > 500 simple Documents in  Xerces-J using version 1.0.2 takes up 53668K. In version
> > > 1.0.4 it is 52584K.  A document should not take up 100k.
> > >
> > > Documents were created from the String:

XML4J 2.0.15 -