xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie seeking a clue...
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 16:36:27 GMT
Don't expect an order of magnitude increase in efficiencies quite yet!
XML definitely imposes an overhead for those pointy brackets.  In the long
run, it's human readable, and more important, people AGREE on it.  There's a bit
of a network effect going on here.

Places to start:

	http://xml.apache.org (the best!)
	http://www.ibm.com/xml (tutorials, other good stuff, etc.)
	http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com  (lots of code)
	http://www.xml.org/  (industry consortium, much good stuff)

That oughta keep you busy for a while...  :-)

Mike