xml-general mailing list archives

From "HERRICK, CHUCK (SBCSI)" <CH6...@momail.sbc.com>
Subject RE: XALAN & XERCES 1.0.4
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 18:23:03 GMT
Since we already have version

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus [mailto:Scott_Boag@lotus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 1:15 PM
To: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: XALAN & XERCES 1.0.4

They made some pretty serious changes, so I think this is a big problem.
Sorry, I've had my head down in the Xalan 1.1.x codebase, and didn't
realize this was coming.  It will take me a while to figure out what has to
be done...

-scott

                    "Sobeck, David"

                    <david.sobeck@thinkli        To:
"'xalan-dev@xml.apache.org'" <xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>,
                    nkinc.com>                   general@xml.apache.org

                                                 cc:     (bcc: Scott
Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    05/10/2000 01:44 PM          Subject:     RE: XALAN &
XERCES 1.0.4
                    Please respond to

                    xalan-dev

I think you mean 1.0.3.

I patched around this error (on the xalan side), and got a different error,
indicating that BaseMarkupSerializer.prepare never got called. It looks
like I should patch xalan to call serializer.asContentHandler?

2000-05-09T19:16:14.513Z-07:00 [error] java.lang.IllegalStateException:
SER002 No writer supplied for serializer
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
        at
java.lang.IllegalStateException.<init>(IllegalStateException.java:45)
        at
org.apache.xml.serialize.HTMLSerializer.startDocument(HTMLSerializer.java:45
8)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.flushPending(XSLTEngineImpl.java:3753)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl$ResultTreeHandler.startElement(XSLTEngi
neImpl.java:3833)

        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemLiteralResult.execute(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemLiteralResult.execute(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformChild(ElemTemplateElement
.java:1194)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.processLocatedNode(ElemTemplateEle
ment.java:1056)

        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.findChildren(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.step(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.locationPath(SimpleNodeLocator.java
:296)

        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.locationPath(XPath.java:964)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:1385)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:1354)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:311)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformSelectedChildren(Compiled

Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:176
)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:145)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code)
        at com.kvisco.xsl.RuleProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
        at com.itc.webapp.templateengine.ParsedTemplate.publishHTML(Unknown
Source)
        at com.itc.webapp.templateengine.ParsedTemplate.merge(Unknown
Source)
        at com.itc.webapp.templateengine.TemplateEngine.merge(Unknown
Source)
        at com.itc.webapp.WebApp.service(Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)