xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sean Kelly" <ke...@mail2a.jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: importNode() Problem
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 17:15:50 GMT
> I'm afraid importNode is broken in 1.0.3. I don't really remember when I
> fixed it but I think it's after that. So, either you get the latest
> version from CVS or you wait for the new release to come out (very very
> soon now!). Sorry, I can't help you more.

It's working for me, and I'm using xerces 1.0.3.

The problem is this: importNode *returns* a new Node object whose owning
document is the target doc object.  You then have to add that returned node
to your target doc at the correct location.  This should work:

Node importedNode = doc2.importNode(node, true);
eNewRoot.appendChild(importedNode);

Take care,
--Sean