xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ed Williams" <chimn...@quik.com>
Subject Newbie seeking a clue...
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 16:27:03 GMT
Hi Folks,
I'm getting into computers as a second career & subscribed to this list and
a few others to see what's going on. Now my brain hurts! I see my path and
interests as XML and clustered/shared processing, with open source. Any
thoughts on a systematic plan of attack to get up to speed on all this? I'm
a quick study, but feel as though I'm tilting at windmills. I guess it would
help to see who's using this stuff in real life, and how. My gut says that
eventually most business data will be in XML, which will allow increased
efficiencies by orders of magnitude (ala W.Edwards Deming) once we actually
know how this works. Any pointers to good self-paced courses, or folks
needing a dedicated but very green grunt are much appreciated. Sorry 'bout
the distraction, and thank you.
Ed Williams