xml-general mailing list archives

From "Helge Smebye" <helge.sme...@geodata.no>
Subject Tomcat and cocoon on NT
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 22:24:08 GMT

I am currently running NT 4.0, Apache 1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 and cocoon
1.7.3.  Acording to the documentation I have found, the way to install
cocoon on tomcat is

Add
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xerces_1_0_3.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xalan_1_0_0.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\fop_0_12_1.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\cocoon.jar

to your tomcat.bat file.

Add

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>
                properties
            </param-name>
            <param-value>
                /usr/lib/jakarta-tomcat/conf/cocoon.properties
            </param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            *.xml
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

to your web.xml file (changing the path to cocoon.properties), and including
tomcat-apache.conf into the httpd.conf file.

I modified the web.xml file under webapps\ROOT\web-inf cataloge (after
testing in the comat\conf\web.xml) file.

When I do it like this I get no reaction on any xml document or on
Cocoon.xml.  After some hours with frustration, I have added the lines

Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
AddHandler cocoon xml

to the tomcat-apache.conf file.  THEN IT WORKS !!!  I thought that this was
supposed to happen automaticly ??...

Should this happend automaticly (adding the xml handler) or is this a hack I
have to do ?

- helge