xml-general mailing list archives

From Rajiv Mordani <Rajiv.Mord...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Proposal to checkin jaxp.jar
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:05:10 GMT
Hi All,
	Till the spec license issue is solved I propose that we checkin
the jaxp.jar from the JAXP RI and use that. According to the license of
JAXP RI you can redistribute jaxp.jar (which btw just has the 6 classes
defined by JAXP and not the full parser. The parser is in a separate jar
file) and check it in and use Pier's implementation and integrate it into
the build process. This way people have access to JAXP in xerces. Once all
the licensing issues are solved we can revert to Pier's implementation of
the javax classes. Can we have a round of +1s for this.

- Rajiv

--
:wq