xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: JDOM and Thank You :)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:01:27 GMT

One thing I don't understand about the API, is that you don't seem to be
able to get the parent of a Node.  Also, it bothers me a little that the
nodes can't be treated polymophically, and the nodes are defined in terms
of classes, instead of interfaces.  It's certainly useful for many things,
and a great contribution!  Rather than being competative with the DOM, I
think it may be simply an alternative tree structure for those needing the
particular benifits it provides.

-scott

                    "Pier P.

                    Fumagalli"           To:     general@xml.apache.org, general@jakarta.apache.org,

                    <pier@apache.        cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    org>                 cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     JDOM and Thank You :)

                    04/27/2000

                    02:40 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

I've spent a nice evening listening to Jason Hunter and Brett
McLaughlin's talk at the Mountain View Java User's Group about their
idea of JDOM.
What's JDOM? A smarter way (designed and specifically optimized for
Java) to handle XML data.
Since I really enjoyed their talk (trying - unsuccessfully - to play the
devil's advocate for the whole evening) and I think they come up with a
good API, I would suggest to all those interested in dealing w/ XML data
and DOMs to take a look at <http://www.jdom.org/> and to help those two
out with some feedback (and maybe some code? it's not that hard?).
Have fun :) :)

           Pier