xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: [repost] Setting the encoding type with Xalan
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:01:24 GMT

Xalan just passes the InputSource structure to Xerces, who should handle
the encoding value.

                    Eric van der
                    Vlist                To:     general@xml.apache.org
                    <vdv@dyomedea        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    .com>                Subject:     Re: [repost] Setting the encoding
type with Xalan
                    10:45 AM
                    respond to

Hi Scott,

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> Can't you use <xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1"/> in the stylesheet???
> Trying to change the input encoding won't effect the output encoding.
> Using xsl:output is the right way to do this.

No, it's really the encoding type of the input document I'd like to
specify like it seems to be possible with the setEncoding method of the

I am receiving a document from another site which has no encoding type
and I was assuming this method was defined for such a case.

creator                  http://xmlfr.org            http://ducotede.com
editor                   http://xmlhack.com              http://dmoz.org