xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: [repost] Setting the encoding type with Xalan
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:01:24 GMT

Xalan just passes the InputSource structure to Xerces, who should handle
the encoding value.

-scott

                    Eric van der

                    Vlist                To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    <vdv@dyomedea        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    .com>                Subject:     Re: [repost] Setting the encoding
type with Xalan

                    04/11/2000

                    10:45 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Hi Scott,

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> Can't you use <xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1"/> in the stylesheet???
> Trying to change the input encoding won't effect the output encoding.
> Using xsl:output is the right way to do this.

No, it's really the encoding type of the input document I'd like to
specify like it seems to be possible with the setEncoding method of the
SAX API
(
http://www.megginson.com/SAX/javadoc/org.xml.sax.InputSource.html#setEncoding(java.lang.String)
)
!

I am receiving a document from another site which has no encoding type
and I was assuming this method was defined for such a case.

Thanks

Eric