xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XSLT output question
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:07:18 GMT

Actually, this isn't true any more... I think you have to have a valid xsl
namespace decl.  See the java code for the handling of this.

-scott

                    "David N

                    Bertoni/CAM/Lotus        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    "                        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    <David_N_Bertoni@        Subject:     Re: XSLT output question

                    lotus.com>

                    04/20/2000 01:26

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    general

Well it's not doing that to indicate an error -- the processor is required
to do that.  The XSLT specification requires that the processor treat
elements with undeclared namespaces as literal result elements.  Since
literal result elements are copied to the output xml, you get back exactly
what you put in -- the stylesheet.

Dave

                    Eric Hodges

                    <harmony2@swb        To:     general@xml.apache.org,
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    ell.net>             cc:     (bcc: David N
Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Re: XSLT output
question
                    04/20/2000