xml-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <...@smart.net>
Subject Re: Stylebook - <source> output - looks too small
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 01:16:32 GMT

> From: Mike Pogue <mpogue@apache.org>

> Mike,
> 	The Stylebook output is a compromise between browsers.  In general,
> whatever we do will look too small on Macintosh browsers, and if we fix
> it,
> it will be too big everywhere else.  I don't know of a way to fix this,
> so
> that everybody is happy.

Don't even try to fix it in the HTML source.

If users don't have their systems (browsers, windowing systems, etc.)
configured to use a comfortable actual screen font size to display text
in HTML's default virtual font size, those users should adjust their
systems.  The HTML documents should not be perverted.

(Please see Warren Steel's article "What's wrong with the FONT element?"
at http://www.mcsr.olemiss.edu/~mudws/font.html.)

Daniel Barclay
(Hmm.  A little worrisome:  http://www.junkbusters.com/cgi-bin/privacy
                            http://www.anonymizer.com/snoop.cgi )