xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My API is better than yours
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:44:57 GMT
The reason why the discussion has gone on this long, is that
multiple Apache lists were posted to, with strong words like this:

"It's a replacement for the ridiculously complex DOM and SAX APIs."

and

"Not only do we offer a /very/ attractive alternative to SAX and DOM,
we are still 100% interoperable with SAX and DOM"

when, in fact, it does not even implement the XML spec
(e.g. namespaces, order preservation, etc.).

To use an analogy, I think we'd be having a similar lengthy discussion,
if somebody had posted something like this to several Apache mailing lists:

"Stylebook offers a /very/ attractive alternative to the ridiculously
complex Cocoon 2.0 project, and we are still 100% interoperable with
Cocoon 2.0. So, come join our new Open Source project at stylebook.org".

Do they have kindergarten in Italy?  :-) :-)
Mike