xml-general mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@acm.org>
Subject Re: JDOM - moving to jdom-interest@jdom.org
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 01:15:20 GMT
Mike Pogue wrote:

> If it doesn't do namespaces the way the XML spec says to do them, then
> it's not really compliant with the XML spec either.

Suggestions for how to efficiently add scoped namespace support to
JDOM are being discussed on jdom-interest.  You can subscribe at
http://jdom.org/involved/lists.html.

> You can invent your own interpretation of namespaces, but then it's
> not really XML at all, it's something else!  :-)

If scoped namespaces can be handled efficiently, they'll be included.
If handling scoped namespaces is extremely onerous and slow, then they
may not be included, at least by default.  It wouldn't be unprecedented;
I'm strongly suspect the Apache server has a few places where they
violate the HTTP spec for the sake of speed.  I *know* Tomcat does.

> It will be interesting to see how the JDOM API evolves over time!

It's been a fun first day.  :-)

-jh-