xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: JDOM and Thank You :)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:55:54 GMT
In case you haven't seen it (somehow it hasn't got to apache yet), I
sent some comments on JDOM earlier, it's at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2000AprJun/0090.html

Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> JDOM is so far from DOM it's scary ;-)

How JDOM is far from any XML standard is even scarier! ;-)
I don't have a problem with the idea of defining a Java centric API,
although I would argue that one not so good standard is better than
none, but you should make clear that you do not intend to address full
XML support. This is reasonable and I actually believe there is a need
for that, but your claims are misleading.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors
Co-Editor of the DOM spec, Co-Chair of the XML Core Working Group