xml-general mailing list archives

From Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to checkin jaxp.jar
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:35:06 GMT
Xerces requires DOM Level 2 to work, Crimson (and parser.jar) require
DOM Level 1 and will work with DOM Level 2 (forward compatible) on most
JVMs. You cannot use xerces.jar and parser.jar in the same classpath,
that is bound not to work.

One possibility is to strip the DOM Level 1 APIs from parser.jar, but
this makes parser.jar illegal for distribution (check the license).
Alternatively, you can download the sources from the CVS and build them
using DOM Level 2 from Xerces and distribute this JAR, which I believe
is legal.

arkin