xml-general mailing list archives

From Michael Mason <...@decisionsoft.com>
Subject Re: Support for putting into practice
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:01:14 GMT
Andrzej Dmoch wrote:

> Does Apache offer some commercial support when putting
> its product into practice. Is it possible to make a deal and invite some
> representatives to take care of putting some Apache products (for
> example Cocoon 2.0) into practice? If so can you send/show me an example
> of the deal?

The Apache code is based on (or is even exactly the same as) XML4J from
IBM, who I think do commercial support of the parser. Check the IBM
Alphaworks site for more info. Of course, anyone else would be free to
offer commercial support too, which is one of the ways Open Source makes
money.

Best regards,
Mike.