xml-general mailing list archives

From Eric van der Vlist <...@dyomedea.com>
Subject Re: [repost] Setting the encoding type with Xalan
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:45:01 GMT
Hi Scott,

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> Can't you use <xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1"/> in the stylesheet???
> Trying to change the input encoding won't effect the output encoding.
> Using xsl:output is the right way to do this.

No, it's really the encoding type of the input document I'd like to
specify like it seems to be possible with the setEncoding method of the
SAX API
(http://www.megginson.com/SAX/javadoc/org.xml.sax.InputSource.html#setEncoding(java.lang.String))
!

I am receiving a document from another site which has no encoding type
and I was assuming this method was defined for such a case.

Thanks

Eric

creator                  http://xmlfr.org            http://ducotede.com
editor                   http://xmlhack.com              http://dmoz.org